CNA Cover Letter
CNAs or Certified Nursing Assistants provide support to patients and help medical staff with their duties. Examples of CNA tasks include helping patients with hygiene, serving meals, administering medicines, ensuring patient comfort, maintaining records, maintaining patient information confidentiality, implementing hospital policies, and improving job knowledge. They are also responsible for taking educational opportunities to maintain their licensure.
Based on our collection of CNA example cover letters, essential qualifications for the job include:
- Medical teamwork and multitasking
- Bedside manners and confidentiality
- Nursing skills
- Health promotion and infection control
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
A sample cover letter for CNA showcasing some of these skills is available below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive CNA Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Carter:
As a skilled Certified Nurse Assistant with experience providing crucial healthcare services to a wide variety of patients, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume. My background in supporting patient care allows me to substantially assist Fairview Medical Center in meeting—and exceeding—its healthcare goals.
My career includes providing basic day-to-day patient support, monitoring and reporting patient progress, and liaising between cross-functional teams to coordinate all aspects of patient care. Additionally, I possess outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, enabling me to comfort patients struggling with fear, sadness, pain, loss, and/or anxiety.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Experience providing comprehensive patient care, including bathing, grooming, feeding, toileting, ambulating, basic nursing care, and other daily living activities.
- Adept at documenting and tracking patient care and progress, managing supply inventories, and adhering to all policies and guidelines while ensuring full patient confidentiality.
- Superior levels of reliability, flexibility, and organization; patient and punctual with a strong work ethic; level-headed in high-stress situations.
- Certified Nursing Assistant in Oregon State; certified in CPR and Basic Life Support (BLS).
With my expertise in assisting patients with a full range of nursing support tasks, I am confident I can greatly contribute to your organization. I look forward to discussing this opportunity and my qualifications in further detail. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to hearing from you.
As a certified nursing assistant (CNA), you may diligently care for your patients, but how well do you care for your own resume? To be a successful candidate for nursing assistant jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume.
For ideas on how you can demonstrate your nursing skills and dedication to quality care, check out this sample resume for an experienced CNA that Isaacs created below. You can also download the certified nursing assistant resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Reliable, service-focused nursing professional with excellent patient-care and charting skills gained through five years of experience as a CNA. Compassionate and technically skilled in attending to patients in diverse healthcare settings. BLS and CPR certified (current).
ABC STAFFING COMPANY, Sometown, CT
Certified Nursing Assistant, 2012 to Present
- Provide high-quality patient care as an in-demand per-diem CNA within surgical, acute-care, rehabilitation, home-healthcare and nursing-home settings.
- Preserve patient dignity and minimize discomfort while carrying out duties such as bedpan changes, diapering, emptying drainage bags and bathing.
- Commended for chart accuracy, effective team collaboration, patient relations and consistent delivery of empathetic care.
DEF REHABILITATION COMPANY, Sometown, CT
Certified Nursing Assistant, 2010 to 2012
- Provided nursing assistance to residents in a 120-bed long-term-care facility.
- Assisted residents with activities of daily living including helping with meals, transferring using assistive devices, bathing, dressing and grooming.
GHI HOSPITAL, Sometown, CT
Certified Nursing Assistant, 2009 to 2010
- Displayed strong clinical skills in assessing vital signs, performing lab draws and glucose checks, and providing pre- and post-operative care.
- Adhered to safety guidelines; completed hospital’s three-hour Patient Safety Training Program.
- Ensured the accurate, timely flow of information by maintaining thorough patient records and updating healthcare team on patients’ status.
- Complied with HIPAA standards in all patient documentation and interactions.
ABC School, Sometown, CT
Nurse’s Aide Program
- Completed 60 hours of clinical training
Get your nursing resume seen
Nursing is expected to grow more than 10% in the next eight years, which is great news. But the market is competitive, so you need to get your resume as much exposure as possible. Could you use a hand getting it noticed? Join Monster today. As a member, you can upload up to five resumes—each tailored to the different kinds of nursing jobs that interest you. Recruiters search Monster every day looking to fill top jobs with qualified candidates, just like you. Your resume can get you a job sooner than you think.
- Patient Care & Safety
- Diagnostic Testing
- Medical Terminology
- Electronic Medical Records
- Vital Signs & Patient Monitoring
- Medication Administration
- Privacy / HIPAA Regulations
- Patient Advocacy and Support