Executive Personal Assistant Cover Letter
Executive Personal Assistants deliver crucial administrative support to senior managers and corporate executives. They handle a wide variety of operational functions encompassing financial tasks, scheduling, travel, and office management to improve efficiency and productivity while enabling executives to focus their energies on high-level responsibilities.
Successful cover letters for Executive Personal Assistants reveal the following skills and attributes to be helpful to mention:
- Calendar management and scheduling
- Travel arrangements/expenses
- Bookkeeping and financial management
- Customer/client service
- Correspondence and conference calls
- Meeting and event coordination
- Project management
- Board/stakeholder relations
What follows is a sample cover letter for an Executive Personal Assistant reflecting comparable qualifications and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Executive Personal Assistant Resume Samples.
Upon learning of McCalley-Cooper’s need for an Executive Personal Assistant to join its team, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As a self-motivated and dedicated executive assistant with 14 years of excellent experience providing expert administrative support to C-level managers, I am confident that I would be a valuable asset to your team.
My background consists of extensive experience in overseeing administrative and operational functions for executive-level management teams and department directors. Backed by my superior communication, team leadership, and multitasking capabilities, I excel at providing exceptional organizational and time-management skills and driving optimal office efficiency and success.
Highlights of my experience include:
- Overseeing all executive administrative support functions for the President and CEO of Schillinger Solutions and Capstone Manufacturing, respectively, including scheduling, travel arrangements, meeting coordination, correspondence, reporting, filing systems, and special event/project oversight.
- Liaising between the CEOs and senior executives, board members, shareholders, middle management, and staff, helping to maintain open lines of communication and fortify consensus building.
- Handling complex financial matters, including personal checkbook management, bill payments, invoice preparation, travel expenses, and reconciliation.
- Interacting professionally and effectively with high-net-value clients, both in person and via email and phone.
- Excelling at balancing multiple tasks within deadline-driven environments while providing top-level organization and communication skills and improving operational systems.
With my proven commitment to delivering the highest level of administrative and operational support, I am well prepared to extend my record of exceptional service to your team at McCalley-Cooper. I welcome the opportunity to discuss this position and my qualifications with you further. Thank you for your consideration.
Alisha V. Bloom
The two cover letters on this page are for an administrative assistant and executive assistant. Both applicants are seeking a managerial position. These cover letters have been written based on real resume samples hosted on our website.
Table of Contents
- Administrative Assistant Cover Letters
- Executive Assistant Cover Letters
In a hurry? Our state of the art cover letter builder can help you write a convincing cover letter in minutes.
Build My Free Cover Letter Now >>
Both of the letters on this page follow our professionally-written cover letter templates.
SEE ALSO > How to Write an Excellent Resume
Administrative Assistant Cover Letters
The cover letters below are based on the resume example on the left. Click on the image of the resume to get tips on how to write a resume that supports your cover letter.
The cover letters below include three bullet points that highlight the applicant’s past work experience. Download the template pack below and use the samples to help you customize your own cover letter.
Click Here to Download Our
Cover Letter Template Pack
[341 Company Address
Company City, State, xxxxx
Dear Mr./Ms./Mrs. [Hiring Manager’s Name],
Please accept my enclosed application for the position of at [Company Name]. Having read through your job description, I am thrilled to be applying for this position as my 6 years of experience and skillset match the requirements you’re looking for.
At my current company, Redford & Sons, I am valued by the CEO and his staff as a critical support pillar for the team, keeping meetings, papers, travel arrangements, and office items organized at all times. I have spearheaded the effort to “go digital” for almost all planning and paperwork, increasing office efficiency to the point of saving $3,000 per year in contracted labor expenses. Allow me to highlight three bullet points from my resume that I believe demonstrate why I am the perfect candidate for this position:
- Trained two assistants during a period of company expansion to ensure attention to detail and adherence to company policy
- Maintain utmost discretion when dealing with sensitive topics
- Typed documents such as correspondence, drafts, memos, and emails, and prepared 3 reports weekly for management.
My resume goes into more detail about my daily job duties and achievements during my tenure as an administrative assistant at two companies. However, I believe that these bullet points demonstrate that I have the ability to perform the major duties, and train others in how to perform in this role effectively, should the need arise.
I would love to have to opportunity to join the team at [Company Name] and use my skills to create an efficient and stress free office environment for your executives. I believe I can meet and exceed the expectations you have for this role. I look forward to speaking more with you about my candidacy. Feel free to contact me at any time.
SEE ALSO › Downloadable Resume Templates
Executive Assistant Cover Letters
The cover letters below are based on the executive assistant resume example on the left. Click on the image of the resume to get tips on how to write a resume that supports your cover letter.
The executive assistant cover letters below discuss the applicant’s skills that match the employer’s specific job requirements. Download a template style — Park, Elegant, or Classic — and begin customizing it to match your resume.
Click Here to Download Our
Executive Assistant CL Template Pack
[341 Company Address
Company City, State, xxxxx
Dear Mr./Mrs./Ms. [Hiring Manager’s Name],
Please accept my enclosed application for the position of executive assistant. I found your job posting on [Website Name], and I’m pleased to say that my skills match your requirements perfectly. According to your job posting, you need an experienced executive assistant who can schedule meetings, prepare agendas, and take care of daily issues without supervision.
In my current role as an executive assistant at PaxWay Incorporated, I handle all of these duties, and more, with great capability. Allow me to point to three bullet points from my resume that demonstrate both my abilities and achievements:
- Perform a variety of accounting activities, such as preparing between 10-20 check requests, expense reports, purchase orders, and invoices a week
- Handled all domestic and international travel reservations, cutting company’s travel expenses by 12%
- Organized 3+ monthly meetings and their logistical elements (scheduling, preparing the facility, organizing handouts and/or binders for attendees, etc.)
I also spearheaded the movement to “go digital,” which has proven to be a significant efficiency boon for the company. I am frequently praised for my ability to handle complex tasks and solve problems without requesting input, but also maintain an awareness of when input may be desired. In short, as an executive assistant, I am efficient, attentive, and competent. Finally, I have all the basic skills necessary for the role. I type at 80WPM, am familiar with CRM systems, and have a mastery of the MS Office Suite.
I am eagerly anticipating having a follow up conversation with you about how I can help make the lives of your company executives easier. Please feel free to contact me at any time.