Electrical & Electronics Engineering
About The Department
Intake of the Department = 60
The department provides its graduates with the theoretical and practical competences in the field of electrical engineering, by means of developing the technical and informatics skills. The department’s primary mission is to train students in acquiring high skills and competences in the field of Electrical Engineering as a whole, as well as in imparting theoretical and applied knowledge at the highest level.
To impart quality education broadening their knowledge horizon on technical and managerial domains, ensuring competency and excelling in national and international forums with Electrical and Electronics Engineering concepts.
- M1: Persistently strive to achieve desired stature in engineering education with research and development in the domain of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- M2: To equip the students with technical skill supporting student’s growth as professional engineers, researchers, scientists and academicians with societal ethics.
- M3: To provide supportive environment to nurture the creative and entrepreneurial culture amongst the pupil.
- M4: To inculcate the research orientation and platform for departmental fraternity
- M5: To establish an innovation centre to achieve research and academic excellence.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO's):
- PEO1:Graduates will have the ability and be confident to work in diverse professional fields of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- PEO2:Graduates will have commitment and awareness regarding ethical and social responsibilities.
- PEO3:Graduates will have the urge to pursue higher education, research, innovation and will be engaged in lifelong learning processes.
Program Outcomes (PO’s) based on NBA graduate attributes :
- PO 1:Engineering Knowledge:Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO 2:Problem Analysis:Identify, formulate, research literature and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
- PO 3:Design/Development of solutions:Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
- PO 4:Conduct investigations of complex problems:using research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO 5:Modern Tool Usage:Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations
- PO 6:The Engineer and Society:Apply reasoning informed by contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice.
- PO 7:Environment and Sustainability:Understand the impact of professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- PO 8:Ethics:Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice.
- PO 9:Individual and Team Work:Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multi-disciplinary settings.
- PO 10:Communication:Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO 11:Project Management and Finance:Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO 12:Life-Long Learning:Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to Engage in independent and life- long learning in the broadest context of technological Change.
About The Course :
- Electrical engineering graduates are known for their strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- The students of this course can excel as Professionals in Power Systems Engineering, or related areas, by building upon the design and problem-solving skills acquired through their studies
- Develop and implement innovative solutions in technical fields such as energy systems, electronics engineering, VLSI & embedded systems, artificial intelligence, MEMS, nanotechnology
- Pursue post-graduate learning opportunities including advancement studies, professional training, or engineering licensure
Distribution of UG Course
MoU with Dept. of EEE,DSATM and Venjay Automation (VA), Process Automation solutions, SCADA & Embedded Systems Peenya Industrial Area, Bangalore.
Objectives of MOU
- The Parties recognize the benefits to be derived from increased Collaboration, cooperation and interaction for the further promotion and understanding of Industrial Process Automation/PLC/SCADA/DCS/Drives etc. and other hardware related technological frontiers. The purpose of this MoU is to define the areas for fundamental, academic & industrial research in which the Parties desire to work together in future for their mutual benefit to foster a collaborative framework between EEE Dept, DSATM and Venjay Automation(VA) in the said fields with a view of benefiting from each other’s initiatives and working procedures.
Technical Seminars/ Workshops Organized by The Department
|sL.NO||Title of the Event||Resource Person||Date|
|1||A Seminar Talk On “PLC, SCADA and Automation”||Mr. Venugopal, Managing Director (MD) and Ex Senior Manager of General Electric (GE), Venjay Automation,Peenya Industrial Area, Bangalore||11th Sept 2017|
|2||A seminar on “Flood Of New Technologies Using Industrial IOT”||Mr. Mahesh Pradhan, Engineer-IA(Technical Support), Livewire India Ltd, CADD Centre Training Services (P) Limited– Overseas, Chennai, India.||31st August 2017|
|1||Third National Conference on Science Technology and Management(NCCSTM-2017)||Dr. Dhanalakshmi R, Professor, Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, DSCE||19th May 2017|
|2||Two Days Workshop on RC Micro Quadcopter||C Dinesh, CEO, Aveno aerospace Ltd||7th and 8th April 2017|
|3||Two Days Project based Workshop on Home Automation System||Prashanth,Engineer,Roboversity||7th and 8thApril 2017|
|4||Invited Talk On “Latest Advancements In Transformer Technologies”||Mr. T V Ramaswamy(CEO, Sara Consultants)||11th March 2017|
|5||Invited Talk on “Protection & Relay Testing In Industrial Practice”||Mr. R. P. Chavate(Retd. Chief Engineer of BESCOM)||23rd Nov 2016|
|6||Invited Talk On “Installation & Commissioning Of Hydro Power Plants”||Mr. B. G. Thyagaraj(Retd. Executive Engineer (ELEC) of KPCL)||29th Sept 2016|
|1||National Conference on Science Technology and Management (NCCSTM-2016)||Dr. R.V. Parimala, Professor & HOD, Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, BNMIT||6th May 2016|
|2||National workshop on “Topical and Emerging Smart Grid Technology-An overview”||Smart Grid-India’s Future by Dr.K.Balaraman,PRDC REC Mechanism and RE Integration by Sri.Suresh Babu,Asst. Director, NPTISmart Metering by Dr. K.T.Veeramanju,Professor,EEE Dept.,SJCE,Mysore||6th Nov 2015|
|3||Technical Talk on “How to write technical Paper”||Dr.A.Meera, Professor,Dept. of ECE,BMSCE,Bangalore||17th April 2015|
Technical Seminars/ Workshops Attended by Students
|sL.NO||Name of the student /Title of the Event||Details Of the Event||Date|
|1.||All the students of Dept. of EEE attended A seminar talk ON “PLC, SCADA and AUTOMATION”||Organized by Dept. of EEE, DSATM||11th Sept 2017|
|2.||All the students of Dept. of EEE attended A seminar on “flood of new technologies using industrial iot”||Organized by Dept. of EEE, DSATM||31st August 2017|
|1.||Chethan S, Nitesh J R, Darshan H R, Ravi Kumar Olekar||Won 2nd prize at State Level Engineering Students’ Project Exhibition and Competition at Shirsthi 2017 organized at RV College of Engineering||26th -28th May 2017|
|2.||Varshini G,Nithya R, Thanushree G||Project Internship at Sara Consultants||Feb-May 2016|
|3.||Prajwal Prabhu, Mithun M C, Rakesh Kumar, Manoj Kumar G||Project Internship at IISC||Feb-May 2016|
|4.||Samhitha Dinesh / Seminar on Prapatti Chennai in association with International India Smart Grid Forum||International India Smart Grid Forum, Delhi||7th -11th March 2017|
|5.||Anurag Parla / Internship in Volvo India Private Ltd.||Internship in Volvo India Private Ltd.||16th Jan 2017-16th Feb 2017|
|6.||Chaitrashree||Internship at BEML Ltd.||28th Jan 2017- 14th Feb 2017|
|7.||Anurag Parla||Internship at Career In||7th Jan 2017-7th March 2017|
|8.||Prajwal Rao||Internship at SHRIDHAN AUTOMATION||Jan 2017- Feb 2017|
|9.||Chetan S, Silky Verma, Sajjad Ali Khan, Shruthi R, ChethanBabu M||Internship at KPTCL||16th Jan 2017 TO 5th Feb 2017|
|10.||Mohammed Aamir H F/Workshop on IoT, Web Development, Cyber Security and Ethical Hacking, IP Networking||Organized by RiiiT, Mysore as a part of National Skill Fest||19th Jan 2017-21st Jan 2017|
|11.||Varshini G, Kubra Fathima, Priyanka M B G, Uma V, Minakshi Kumari, Chaitrashree, Building effective Personal Brand Matrix”||Organized by Dept. of CSE, DSATM as a part of Oracle Volunteers in Partnership with Curriculo Solutions Ltd. For International Women’s day 2017||6th March 2017|
|12.||All the students of Dept. of EEE attended Two Day Workshop on RC Micro Quadcopter||Organized by Dept. of EEE, DSATM||7th and 8th April 2017|
|13.||All the students of Dept. of EEE attended Two Day Project based Workshop on Home Automation System||Organized by Dept. of EEE, DSATM||7th and 8thApril 2017|
|14.||All the students of Dept. of EEE attended Invited Talk On “Latest Advancements In Transformer Technologies”||Organized by Dept. of EEE, DSATM||11th March 2017|
|15.||All the students of Dept. of EEE attended Invited Talk on “PROTECTION & RELAY TESTING IN INDUSTRIAL PRACTICE”||Organized by Dept. of EEE, DSATM||23rd Nov 2016|
|16.||Invited Talk On “Installation & Commissioning Of Hydro Power Plants”||Organized by Dept. of EEE, DSATM||29th Sept 2016|
|17.||Shankar R, Member of IET Circuits, Systems and Devices||IET Circuits, Systems and Devices||Jan 2016-Feb 2017|
|1.||Anurag Parla||Keyboard Play in Guinness Book of Records||6th Sept 2015|
|2.||Anurag Parla||Keyboard Play in Lima Book of Records||28th June 2015|
|3.||Students of 5th sem EEE||Industrial Visit to Varahi Hydel Power Plant||19th Oct 2015|
|4.||Charan H, Mohammed Aamir H F / 70 hours of Internship on Internet of Things(IoT)||Experts hub Industry skill development centre at JSS Academy of Technical Education||23rd Jan 2016-30th Jan 2016|
|5.||Anurag Parla||Indian Engineering Olympiad Exam||21st Feb 2016|
|6.||Charan H, Mohammed Aamir H F /Hands on Workshop on Quadcopter as part of National Technical Awarness Program||Codex Design Services in association with Rendezvous,IIT Delhi at Christ University||21st Feb 2015|
|7.||All the students of Dept. of EEE attended National workshop on “Topical and Emerging Smart Grid Technology-An overview”||Smart Grid-India’s Future by Dr.K.Balaraman,PRDC REC Mechanism and RE Integration by Sri.Suresh Babu,Asst. Director, NPTI ,Smart Metering by Dr. K.T.Veeramanju,Professor,EEE Dept.,SJCE,Mysore||6th Nov 2015|
|8.||Sharath B U, Supreetha H, Puneeth G P||Internship at HAL||15th Feb 2016 – 28th March 2016|
|9.||BhavyaKapoor||Internship at NTPC LTD||4th July 2016 – 30th July 2016|
|10.||Ishani Mukherjee||Internship at INDIAN OIL CORPORATION LTD||1st July 2015- 7th Aug 2015|
|11.||Narasimha Raj G||Internship at HAL||18th Jan 2016 – 27th Jan 2016|
|12.||Sachin S||Internship at CKS CONSULTING PVT LTD||9th July 2015 TO 31st July 2015|
|13.||Nagabhushan||Internship at INDIAN INSTITUTE OF ASTROPHYSICS||13th July 2015 TO 31st July 2015|
|14.||Chethan S||Internship at BHEL||7th July 2015 TO 28th July 2015|