1836 Stratford Park
Owensburg, IN 47453
Ms. Lucille Manns
Human Resources Manager
Avalon Bay Communities Inc
1624 Bingamon Branch Road
Oak Brook, IL 60523
May 28, 2010
Subject: Application for position of Apartment Leasing Consultant
Dear Ms. Manns,
I am applying for the position of Apartment Leasing Consultant as seen advertised. I believe the skills and experience I have to offer in this respect will prove to be of considerable benefit to Avalon Bay Communities Inc.
The experience and skills I have to offer Avalon Bay Communities Inc include:
– I hold a Masters degree in Business Management gained at University of Maryland in 2005.
– I have experience of the requirements of an apartment leasing consultant gained at Marquette Management where I worked for 5 years. I also worked at AMLI and George Realty.
– I fully understand the importance of presenting vacant apartments in a professional and compelling way, being courteous and polite to all prospective tenants, and answering all and any questions in a timely and accurate manner with a pleasant, confident manner.
– I am efficient at responding to the needs of existing tenants in a timely and accurate manner. I can handle complaints with tact and diplomacy, always seeking the best possible outcome for everyone.
– I am able to develop strategies to try and retain the most suitable and desirable tenants, recognizing that their well-being is highly important.
– I am tactful and diplomatic when dealing with debt collection or late payments from tenants.
– I present a pleasant and pleasing manner to all tenants and prospective tenants at all times, whatever the situation.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for considering me for this position, and I look forward to the chance to expand on my qualifications, experience and skills at interview level.
To this end you may contact me at (222)-406-2246, or send me an email at email@example.com. I thank you again for the opportunity to be of service to you in the post of Apartment Leasing Consultant.
(Signature hand written in blue pen ink)
Property manager cover letter
View this sample cover letter for a property manager, or download the property manager cover letter template in Word.
Just as property managers are seeking to fill occupancy in real estate, so are hiring managers looking to fill occupancies in the workforce. To be considered for top property manager jobs, your cover letter must demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for your work. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for a property manager, or download the property manager cover letter template in Word.
Additionally, you can learn about real estate careers and look for property manager jobs on Monster.
Property manager cover letter template
Sometown, NV 55555 | (555) 555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org
November 20, 2017
Mr. James Udell
55 First St.
Sometown, NV 55555
Re: Property Manager, Advertised on Monster
Dear Mr. Udell:
I am eager to join forces with ABC Company as your new property manager. With five years of experience as a property manager for a large apartment complex, complemented by 12+ years of prior success as a leasing consultant and licensed general contractor, I offer a “three-for-the-price-of-one” hiring advantage over other candidates you may be considering.
After earning a BS in Construction Engineering and Management (BSCEM) from Sometown University, I spent the first decade of my career as a general contractor for a leading homebuilder. Business was good, and I delivered dozens of residential developments. But when the recession hit and the real estate bubble burst, I found myself out of work along with many other construction industry professionals.
I found a new home with XYZ Company as a leasing consultant, delivering goal-surpassing results such as 99% occupancy for the company’s 400-unit high-rise condominium complex. This success led the CEO to offer me a promotion to my current position—property manager for XYZ’s newly opened, 750-unit luxury apartment complex.
In this high-visibility leadership position, I supervise a team of 15 leasing consultants, property engineers and support staff. My construction industry knowledge and contacts have enabled me to reduce maintenance costs by 18% annually. I have surpassed goals in other KPI areas, including rent growth (12% over goal), occupancy (consistently at 99%—8% above goal), resident satisfaction (25% over goal) and quick leasing of vacant units (accelerating the typical vacancy-to-lease timeline threefold).
These and related results are detailed in my attached résumé, and are reproducible for ABC Company. I will call your office on Monday to schedule a convenient time to discuss this opportunity. Thank you.