Theses & Dissertations
Submission Dates & Information:
ETD Training Workshop
Thesis/Dissertation Writing Workshop
Avoiding Plagiarism Workshop
Time: 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm
Place: Holland Hall Room 124
Welcome to the Tennessee State University Graduate School Electronic Theses and Dissertations (ETD) Submission Website.
Before you submit your ETD, please print, read and complete:
These documents are designed to walk you through all the necessary steps for completing and submitting your ETD. Do not begin the electronic submission process until you have met all the requirements on the Checklist. ETD submission is restricted to defended and approved manuscripts.
Refer to the Guidelines for the Preparation of Theses and Dissertations for all requirements established by the Graduate School pertaining to theses/dissertations preparation. Adhere to all theses/dissertations defense and submission deadlines posted on the Graduate School Calendar.
Please deliver the following documents/forms to the Graduate School after completing the electronic submission process:
- Signed Committee Page
- Oral Defense form
- Thesis/Dissertation Checklist
- One Hardcopy of Thesis/Dissertation
- Turnitin Originality Report
- Program of Study (contact your academic advisor or dept. chair for a copy)
- Survey of Earned Doctorates (SED) “Certificate of Completion” (Ph.D. candidates only). Click here to access the SED: https://sed-ncses.org/GradDateRouter.aspx
*Once you complete the questionnaire via the web we will receive a confirmation email stating that you completed the survey. You will also receive a confirmation email for your own records.
To start the electronic submission process (ETD), click: http://dissertations.umi.com/tnstate/
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE FIVE CHAPTER DISSERTATION TEMPLATE
- Visit the graduate school page via the URL: http://www.tnstate.edu/graduate/
- Select Thesis & Dissertation
- Select Download Five Chapter Dissertation
- Open Five Chapter Dissertation Template
Note: Please type directly into the Template; however, if cutting and pasting the margins may not be aligned correctly.
- Ensure Chapter Titles always appear in Heading 1 format
- Type Subheading are in Heading 2
- Type Italics headings in Heading 3 format
- To insert new Table Title: Highlight the title text, select References, select Insert Caption, under Label select Table
- To insert new Table of Figures: Highlight the title text, select References, select Insert Caption, under Label select Figure
- To update Table of Content; After input of contents in the body and maintaining the corresponding heading format (Heading 1, 2 or 3) click on the Update Table on the Top Left of the Table of Contents box inside your document
- To update List of Figures; Click on the template’s List of Figures. Once they’re highlighted, select References and select Update Table
- To update List of Tables, Click on the template’s List of tables. Once they’re highlighted, select References and select Update Table
- To adjust the page numbers of your manual See the pagnination manual below.
Download Five chapter dissertation template
Here is a manual to guide you through the pagination editing.
Download dissertation pagination Manual
Quality doctoral research occurs each semester here at TSU. Yet, only members of the departments where it occurs and few other members of the University Community know of its significance. In an attempt to disseminate this original research and its seminal findings, the School of Graduate & Professional Studies under the title of DISSERTATION MUSINGS, we will publish the abstracts of each of the excellent dissertations. Beginning next semester, we’ll begin publishing selected abstracts of masters’ theses as well. Enjoy and please provide feedback.
School of Graduate Studies & Research
Theses and Dissertations
Sub-collections in this collection
- Warren, Kimberly(University Honors College, Middle Tennessee State University, 2017-12)Violent crimes are largely prevalent in cities across the United States. In current popular television shows, display characters involved with violent crimes and disposing of victims’ bodies using harsh chemicals, including ...
- Harvin, Taylor N.(Middle Tennessee State University, 2017-12-01)It is critical to develop a trustworthy system for cyber physic systems (CPS), such as unmanned aerial vehicle and robotic systems. However, it is challenging to develop trustworthy systems due to complicated system behavior ...
- Rodriguez, Mazharel(Middle Tennessee State University, 2017-10-31)When the topic of organ donation is broached on primetime television, more often than not, the depiction to follow is riddled with falsehoods that perpetuate long-standing myths and perceptions about the procedure. Sensational ...
- Gillespie, John Patrick(Middle Tennessee State University, 2017-10-25)This thesis charts beer’s development as a political subject in the Soviet Occupation Zone and German Democratic Republic from the end of the war in 1945 until the tenure of Erich Honecker in 1971. It argues that the ...
- D'Archangel, Micah Ammon (4)
- Murray, Erynn Ashley (4)
- Stone, Whitley Jo (4)
- Almutairi, Majed Mohammed (3)
- Alruwaili, Awatif Hanif (3)
- Anderson, Kevin (3)
- Andrews, Jenny (3)
- Bedock, Cara Otte (3)
- Brown, Felicia (3)
- Chan, Kin Leong (3)
- ... View More