Data Warehouse Developer Resume Samples
Data Warehouse Developers analyze, organize, store, retrieve, extract and load data as a means of staging, integrating, and accessing information. Their resumes highlight certain responsibilities, such as working on internal projects, including preparing study materials for training batches and developing analysis reports on previous client projects for internal use; and gathering inputs from various sources through effective communication. While no undergraduate degrees for data warehousing exist, employers still want to see an associates, bachelor's or master's degree in the fields of information technology or systems, as is evidenced by the sample resumes of Data Warehouse Developers.
Looking for job listings? Check out our Data Warehouse Developer Jobs page.
Database Administrator, Data Warehouse Developer
Assisted in data analysis, star schema data modeling and design specific to data warehousing and business intelligence environment. Concurrently, responsible for the support and administration of large (2TB) enterprise level data warehouses holding weekly credit card and real estate transactions which were aggregated overnight for Monday morning reporting to the banking customers.
- Led efforts to analyze data for source/target mappings, created T-SQL scripts for data processing and automations.
- Led database administration and database performance tuning efforts to provide scalability and accessibility in a timely fashion, provide 24/7 availability of data, and solve end-user reporting and accessibility problems.
- Proactively identified, managed, and corrected data quality issues with reports provided to CR managers.
- Developed ETL scripts to enable weekly processing of 2-4 GB data sets into data warehouse.
- Optimized ETL performance to provide quickest response time possible.
- Automated and executed operational processes and procedures to ensure uptime and performance in a high-availability web-based environment.
Senior Data Warehouse Developer
Senior Data Warehouse Developer
- Managed assignments/ workload for team of 6 developers to meet project milestone and delivery goals.
- Designed and built (using Oracle, DataStage, and Brio) the Health and Welfare benefits reporting portal application used by over 50 clients to warehouse and report on approximately 3 million participants per week.
- Implemented and managed client health and welfare databases and customized application parameters.
- Cut 6 weeks off of the initial data analysis phase of new client implementations by designing and building a transformation data warehouse.
Data Warehouse Developer
Designed, developed and implemented a Big Data - Data Warehouse from scratch using SQL server 2012
- Created and configured SQL Server Analysis Services database which introduced company to a multidimensional tracking of subscribers special statistical techniques using SQL and Excel
- Developed and implemented custom data validation stored procedures for metadata summarization for the data warehouse tables, for aggregating telephone subscribers switching data, for identifying winning and losing carriers, and for identifying value subscribers
- Identified issue and developed a procedure for correcting the problem which resulted in the improved quality of critical tables by eliminating the possibility of entering duplicate data in a Data Warehouse.
- Spearheaded a project to implement company standards and establish procedures to ensure a unified data management approach
- Analyzed and compared performance of Redshift, Hadoop, MySQL and SQL Server databases using TPC-H benchmarking and made recommendations to management
- Implemented partitions on a large dataset as well as index functions using SQL Server 2012 resulting in 90% improved performance
- Designed and implemented SQL based tools, stored procedures and functions for daily data volume and aggregation status
- Completed a data warehouse dictionary
- Introduced company to geographic distance calculation, and chi-square for identifying affinity in subscribers, and survival quantifying subscribers events over the Customer life Cycle using Analytic SQL
- Created management reports with SSRS as well as SQL and MDX queries
Data Warehouse Developer
Led data warehouse integration efforts of Encounter data for multiple health plans.
- Collaborated with multiple health plans to understand and implement detailed requirements for HEDIS and other reporting needs.
- Created detailed functional and technical design documents.
- Planned, co-ordinated analysis, design and extraction of encounter data from multiple source systems into the data warehouse relational database (Oracle) while ensuring data integrity.
- Developed, documented and validated complex business rules vital for data transformation.
- Enhanced and expanded the encounter data warehouse model through sound detailed analysis of business requirements.
- Integrated a wide variety of source file layouts into the data warehouse. File layouts such as ANSI X12 837, NSF, UB92 files using the SeeBeyond ETL tool.
- Managed the development and execution of test plans, and effected corrective action on data quality issues.
- Instrumented and conducted regular reviews of audit reports with encounter vendors to improve the quality and integrity of encounter data
- Improved encounter data quality by up to ninety-percent on most measures as defined by Business Reporting unit.
Senior Data Warehouse Developer / Technical Lead
The [company name] provides flexible reporting environment for performing traffic and performance analysis of the SCP nodes of AT&T. The raw data for the data mart is collected in the form of flat files which are pulled from each remote Tandem SCP through FTP and placed into the Unix box of the SCP Data Mart. The ETL processing is performed through Informatica on Sun Solaris. Scheduling of the Informatica Sessions is automated through Perl scripts. Reporting is done through Business Objects.
- Monitor and Trouble Shoot Informatica maps in production environment.
- Prepared Operation Manual and Installation Manual
- Developed ETL procedures to ensure conformity, compliance with minimal redundancy, translated business rules and functionality requirements into ETL procedures.
- Developed ETL maps and shell scripts to clean and load data into Data mart
- Involved in developing reports using Business Objects to meet the reporting requirements
- Developed, executed and documented test plans for Unit and System Integration Testing.
Data Warehouse Developer
Analyze business requirements and implement data mart solutions for data mining and reporting.
- Translated business requirements into technical design specifications using Visio to design ERD schema.
- Normalized data fields to meet the business requirements and specifications to build a data marts for various departments into a metadata.
- Designed and implemented cubes across multiple data marts using OLAP methods in Business Object for users to access reporting as its needed.
- Designed ETL flows to extract data from CRM application and stored in MS-SQL DB.
- Maintained ETL jobs for OLAP cubes. Executed and supported ETL using MS-SQL Server and Informatica.
Senior Data Warehouse Developer/administrator
Created reporting solution to reduce the number of custom report sets needed from 11 to 3 - dramatically reducing report maintenance needs.
- Devised custom Cognos OLAP cube and associated Cognos reports used by all U.S. branch offices to view up-to-date workload and employee performance statistics. Managed all aspects of requirements definition, documentation, and implementation.
- Served as team leader and project manager during successful migration to new version of Cognos software.
- Maintained Cognos business layers and self-service query environment for production Data Warehouse.
Data Warehouse Developer
Created a prototype Enterprise Information System front-end to allow end users to easily access reports.
- Implemented an algorithm in C to convert hierarchy information into a usable database table in Teradata.
- Created a C++ application to read messages from an MQSeries queue and perform filtering and writing operations.
- Developed ETL routines in Informatica to replace legacy transformation engine.
- Implemented an Access frontend to Teradata allowing connections to multiple machines facilitating seamless transfer of data.
- Created, tested, and documented Teradata Multiloads for moving data into Teradata.
- Created, updated versions of reports running in MVS to web-enabled versions with Brio.
Senior Data Warehouse Developer / DBA
Project objective was to create a solution for interest rate risk management for citigrup treasury. QRM product APIs were used for loading banking and credit card transaction feeds into a master database and then running various statistical calculations. Resulting data was consolidated using analysis services and reported via excel.
- Designed and developed DTS packages for ETL and wokflow management
- Wrote .NET applications for execution of controller DTS package, developing GUI for checking job status, viewing logs.
- Implemented seamless code migration between Dev/UAT/Prod environment using INI files.
- Developed reconciliation reports in Excel to effectively monitor the data movement.
Data Warehouse Developer
The Data Warehousing project
- Designed, modeled and implemented Data Warehouse and Data Mart: tables, indexes, procedures, packages and UNIX configuration
- Developed PL/SQL packages to load Data Warehouse and Data Mart tables to satisfy the subscribers needs
- Created generic PL/SQL and Unix shell script procedures used by four different applications
- Designed staging tables and loaded them with fixed width and delimited source system data using SQL*Loader
Free Professional Resume Critique
We have partnered with TopResume to bring you a FREE resume critique service. Upload your resume and within 48 hours TopResume will email you a detailed analysis of what hiring managers and automated systems think of your resume – and how to improve it.
Well done! Your resume has been submitted successfully! You will receive a confirmation soon.
Warehouse Worker Cover Letter
Warehouse Workers are in charge for processing and loading orders with the purposes of increasing profitability and ensuring customer satisfaction. These employees need to be familiar with modern warehousing methods and to operate forklifts safely and efficiently. Activities that Warehouse Workers perform include: preparing orders, receiving goods, controlling inventories, adhering to safety practices, observing discrepancies, completing deliveries, and maintaining a clean and organized working environment.
A Warehouse Worker should be able to demonstrate the following skills and abilities throughout their cover letters:
- Warehousing operations knowledge
- Reporting and data entry skills
- Good numeracy skills
- Reliability and integrity
- Inventory control
- Organization and time management
- Teamwork and interpersonal abilities
- The ability to lift heavy objects
- Inventory software proficiency
Relevant Warehouse Worker skills are described in the cover letter sample displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Warehouse Worker Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. McKee:
With the enclosed resume, I would like to express my sincere interest in the Warehouse Worker position you have available. As a skilled, self-directed, and reliable professional with experience performing a range of general warehouse operations while ensuring compliance to regulations and guidelines, I possess the knowledge and experience to allow me to contribute toward the success of your company.
My background includes successfully receiving shipments, unloading goods, verifying invoices, and stocking items while working collaboratively with peers and management to maximize productivity and efficiency. Through my experience, I have become highly skilled at adhering to warehouse goals and requirements while facilitating streamlined operations.
The following achievements demonstrate my qualification for this position:
- Loading and unloading freight safely and efficiently by using various heavy machinery such as forklifts, pallet jacks, and other operating equipment.
- Evaluating inbound and outgoing product shipments to ensure quality control and accuracy.
- Demonstrating superior interpersonal, organization, and time management abilities.
- Earning a reputation as an excellent team player and leader; regularly selected to train and mentor new hires.
My proven ability to optimize warehouse operations and team success, along with my solid skills in communication and problem solving, will contribute immensely to the success of Coleman Distribution. Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Nicholas B. Westberry